Powered By Blogger

Wednesday, March 5, 2008

'I can see clearly now...' well at least clearer than before

Vision has always been difficult for me. I never felt like I had a very good grasp on it. My friend Eric always seemed to have vision, but it never clicked with me. I was always more of a practical, 'carry out the vision' guy. But we need vision in life at times don't we? Seems like we do.
Recently, I was rapidly approaching a crux of life, graduation. If I ever needed vision, it was now. So some time ago I began to pray for vision, whatever that might mean. Maybe the visions were always there and I needed the eyes to see them. Either way, it had previously escaped me. But recently I began to listen more intently to the voices of people around me, voices I love and respect. Slowly I started to see some things fit together in front of me. I was able to look back down the road that I have traveled and see some purpose to it and something bigger happening. I don't see it all yet, and that's OK, but I think I see enough to keep walking and trusting in what lies beyond what I can see.
To Be a Bridge-this is the foundation of the vision
Connecting, (whatever that is) people, things, ideas, lives, my family.
The challenge with vision is that you can see a bit of where you are going, but you still have to maneuver the path to it.

1 comment:

tim dillon said...

Vision, snicker, when I was younger, mugh younger I worried about vision. The older I get, the less I see clearly, the more I know the less I understand, the more I learn, the less I am certain about--but one thing sustains me . . . love. Every moring I sing "How can I keep from singing" not the evangelical version but the quaker version preferred by Pete Seeger. It reminds me "love" is the "lord of heaven and earth"--so vision is anything that enlarges the field of love in this life--unreflected, unflinching, graceful love.