Powered By Blogger

Sunday, February 1, 2009

Meditation on Hope

As per Eric's suggestion, I started getting into the TED (Technology Entertainment and Design) podcast lately.  It is truly brilliant stuff.  Beautiful lectures from amazingly gifted and influential people.

This talk, A Meditation on Hope, really struck me and moved me.  

This seemingly agnostic surgeon and author really speaks in the language of God and hits on what I think are fundamental tenets of the faith.  I guess it really makes me pause that he really doesn't seem to associate any of this with the life of faith, the life of the healing, loving, hopeful body of Christ.  

What have we allowed our reputation to become?  How did we become this absent in the world?

This is 12 minutes well spent, and the accidental homily of the year,

thanks Eric.






1 comment:

Addison said...

That was good. Like you said, it is almost sad how that can come from a completely different source than we receive it from. I guess it makes a bit of sense though when you think about humanity as one connected entity. Christians are simply more eschatologically driven to find these concepts of hope and peace. Others find it through people, ideas, and art, etc. Still, we are all connected.